- Category: Arts & Entertainment
- Published on 20 May 2014
- Written by Jim Bardwell
Brand-New On-Site Hotel Features Family Suites, 10-Lane Bowling Alley, Retro Arcade, a Zero-Entry Pool with a Waterslide and Interactive Water Play Area for Kids – and More
ORLANDO, Fla. (March 31, 2014) – Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort officially welcomes its first guests today. This brand-new value and moderately-priced property is the fourth on-site hotel at Universal Orlando Resort and evokes the classic, retro-feel of iconic beach resorts from the 1950s and 60’s.
Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, the new hotel is a destination within itself – featuring a stunning design with bold colors, retro-inspired architecture and sweeping vistas that transport guests back to a time of relaxation and endless family fun. Cabana Bay guests can experience incredible amenities throughout the hotel, including:
· Bowling a strike at the 10-lane Galaxy Bowl
· Channeling the godfather of fitness at the Jack LaLanne Physical Fitness Studio
· Racing down the iconic dive tower waterslide and splashing into a 10,000 square foot zero-entry pool in theCabana Courtyard
· Enjoying a retro-themed specialty cocktail from Swizzle Lounge or Atomic Tonic
· Finding something delicious for the entire family at Bayliner Diner, a food court with something for everyone to enjoy including a salad bar, burgers, sandwiches, pizza, pasta and grab-and- go items
· And this summer, guests will be able to enjoy even more incredible amenities, including a second 8,000-square-foot zero entry pool, Universal Orlando’s first lazy river at an on-site hotel, The Hideaway Bar & Grill, and additional moderately-priced family suites and value-priced standard guest rooms. When complete, Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort will feature a total of 1,800 rooms – 900 family suites and 900 standard guest rooms.
Click here to watch a video series to learn more about the hotel and all the amenities it has to offer from members of the team that brought the hotel to life.
Starting today, guests can stay in a family suite, which sleeps up to six people and includes a fold-out foam bed, kitchenette, a sliding partition for privacy, two flat-screen TVs and a bathroom with preparation spaces for three people at once. Cabana Bay guests also get exclusive benefits only available to on-site hotel guests at Universal Orlando, including Early Park Admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter one hour before the theme park opens.
Rates for the family suites begin at $174 per-night, and can run as low as $134 per-night depending on the length of stay. Rates for the standard guest rooms – which will be available this summer – begin at $119 per night, and can run as low as $93 per-night depending on the length of stay.
“We’ve sought to create a special place where families can spend time together and create long-lasting memories outside of the theme parks,” said Russ Dagon, Vice President and Executive Project Director, Universal Creative. “From the moment they step inside, families will be transported back to a different, more relaxing time.”
“We are thrilled to finally welcome guests into Cabana Bay Beach Resort,” said Adnan Bizri, Managing Director, Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort. “This is the perfect addition to Universal Orlando’s already stellar line-up of properties, allowing families to continue a wonderful vacation well beyond the theme parks.”
To learn more or to make a reservation, call 1-888-273-1311 or visit www.universalorlando.com. Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort is co-owned and managed by Loews Hotels & Resorts.
About Universal Orlando Resort
Vacation like you mean it at Universal Orlando Resort – where every heart pounding, jaw-dropping, goose-bumping second counts. It is the only place where you can turn spending time with your family into spending time as a family. Together, you can soar above Hogwarts with Harry Potter, swing above the streets with Spider-Man, become a Minion in the hilarious and heartwarming Despicable Me Minion Mayhem ride, and join Optimus Prime in the fight to save mankind on the new mega-attraction, TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D. And coming this summer: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley.
Universal Orlando Resort is home to two incredible theme parks: Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure; four magnificently themed on-site hotels: Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific Resort and the newest addition, Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort and Universal CityWalk - a nighttime entertainment complex featuring a collection of nightclubs, restaurants and shops. And located just minutes from Universal Orlando Resort is Wet n’ Wild, Orlando’s premier waterpark.